Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Raleigh NC is CLOSED!


After watching President Obama’s inauguration, I decided to trek through 3.5 inches of snow and walk across the street to enjoy some coffee and Wi-Fi at Panera Bread. As an English teacher (School was closed today of course!), I thought it would be the perfect setting to reread Macbeth as I prepare for the spring semester.

My first clue should have been that there were no cars in the parking lot. But I was determined to make this day into a coffee commercial—me with my lap top, sitting at a deli, sipping coffee and reading Macbeth with a blanket of fresh snow on the ground. When I peered into the deli, not a creature was stirring not even a mouse (at least I hope not a mouse). So I trekked onto the Subway (restaurant) nearby and low and behold, there were a few people stirring. I bought two 20-oz. diet cokes, and then I was homeward bound. I decided that sitting in Subway, just didn’t have the same feel as the quaint deli. And I don’t even think they have WI-FI.

No comments:

Post a Comment